ON THE MOVING VAN
- Moving houseplants on the moving van with your furniture is not recommended. The inside of the trailer is subject to extremes in temperature both in the winter and the summer. Plants do not fare well in this environment, especially if they are on board for several days without fresh air and extra care.
- Your move representative will accept houseplants as part of your shipment on an “owner’s risk basis”. No liability will be assumed for damage.
SHIPPING BY AIR
- Most airlines will accept plants for transport. However, as they are placed in the cargo hold that is exposed to extreme temperatures, it is not an ideal environment. On the upside, the length of time your plants are in transit is usually relatively short. If properly packed, they should survive the trip. Your Atlas representative can assist you by making proper packing arrangements by a nursery or greenhouse.
- Most airlines offer a limited liability for live plants. Be sure to discuss this matter with the air cargo representative before making your reservation.
CLIMATE CONTROLLED TRUCKS
- Limited service is available throughout North America. Minimum charges may apply since these firms generally provide service for growers and flower shops and do not like to handle small, private shipments. Door to door service is not available. Plants must be delivered to and picked up from specified terminals.
- Liability coverage is not usually available for a small shipment of plants.
Download the PDF here
At AMJ Campbell Movers Red Deer, we have been helping people just like you make those big life moves for over 22 years. So yeah, we know what it takes to make sure your long-distance move goes according to plan.
Get Your Free Moving Quote
Free Quote Now